Give Thanks for the Birth of Jesus

• 2010.12.20 16:38

Matthew 2:7-12

God is the Creator. He didn’t overlook mankind who was doomed to perish due to sin, but rather He loved them as the beings that He Himself had formed. "It was just before the Passover Feast. Jesus knew that the time had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, he now showed them the full extent of his love." John 13:1. The love of God has saved us from all our impossibilities such as diseases, curses and death, which we would never have been able to solve with our human abilities. Therefore, God the Father is the only one who is worthy to receive our unlimited worship. Nevertheless, "The sorrows of those will increase who run after other gods. I will not pour out their libations of blood or take up their names on my lips.” Psalm 16:4. The purpose that God sent His one and only Son, Jesus Christ, into this world, was to do His will (John 6:38-40). What is Christmas all about? It is the birth of the Holy One who had no sin, because only one who had no sin could fulfill the will of God, and deliver us sinners. He, the righteous God Himself, had deliberately clothed himself in flesh to die for us by bearing our sins with the greatest suffering. Jesus, who came into the world in the flesh, had prayed fervently at Gethsemane to suffer instead of us according to the will of God. "Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will." Matthew 26:39. The extent to which Jesus had suffered, is the extent to which our own sufferings will be removed. By His wounds all the suffering of our bodies and sickness will be gone, and by His affliction all our spiritual and physical curses will be gone, and by the blood that He had shed, death due to our sins will be gone. Jesus Christ who came in the flesh has completely finished the salvation of mankind and was even mistreated in the worst way. “When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.” John 19:30. This is the true purpose of the birth of Jesus. This is the climax of the love of God and is what deserves true thanksgiving and glory. Only Jesus and His Christmas is the way and the truth and the life. There is no one else in history who is worthy of our praise, but only Jesus who has saved us from the worst condition of our bodies and souls, and He has given us everything. Suppose that if we who have received this amazing grace through His sacred birth, hold a Christmas day by forgetting His grace, we would be having a hypocritical and false Christmas. This is the worst way of being impersonal to Jesus, which hurts His heart even more than that of unbelievers. This is sin, and is a detestable and arrogant deed. If we celebrate the birth of Jesus falsely with false worship, it means that we are trying to deceive the Lord. This is the work of the devil. So we should know the holy birth of Jesus and worship Him in truth and spirit. This is the worship service which God desires. “Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth." In John 4:23-24. Let us not go to Him empty handed as if we didn’t have personalities, but let’s rather go to Him with the best thanksgiving offering by remembering the passion of Christ with all our hearts in spirit and in truth. Let us have His holy birth as our own. Please compare your welcoming heart for Christmas and the heart of Jesus who came in the flesh.

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크