Take Your Stand against the Devil’s Schemes

• 2011.02.14 10:10

Ephesians 6:10-13

God is the Creator; but the first angel that He had made, rebelled against Him and was consequently condemned eternally (Is. 14:13-15, Jude 6-7, Rev. 20:8-10). The devil is the eternal enemy of both God and man. He is facing eternal torment for challenging God and for causing man to sin - which leads to death. Through the Bible we can see the working of the devil. The Bible tells us this so that we can recognize it and overcome it. The origin of sin is the devil (1 John 3:8). “Do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written: "The people sat down to eat and drink and got up to indulge in pagan revelry." We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did - and in one day twenty-three thousand of them died. We should not test the Lord, as some of them did - and were killed by snakes. And do not grumble, as some of them did--and were killed by the destroying angel. These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come” (1 Cor. 10:7-11). The devil was a liar and a murderer from the beginning, and he deceived Adam and killed him. Think how crafty he was in order to kill Adam and Eve (Gen. 3:1-6). Even today, the working of the devil still tries to make us sin by the things of this world, and we are destroyed by the wages of sin. We should be fully armed with the Word of God to not be deceived. The devil disguises himself as a gentle lamb but, "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves” (Mat. 7:15). The unrighteousness of the devil will surely be completely exposed (Ez. 28:15-17). The gates of hell always come to church as wolves in sheep’s clothing - in the form of cults, false prophets and anti-Christs. They try to destroy the church by alienating congregations from their pastors. The working of the devil always tempts us with worldly things in order to steal our souls. The best way to not be deceived by the devil is to be filled with the Holy Spirit only by the Word of God and prayer. Only Jesus is the eternal victor. Let us be filled with the Words of God in order to get rid of all the worldly thoughts. If we are deceived, we don’t listen to the truth, no matter how sincere we say we are, for we don’t belong to the truth. ” Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me? He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God." John 8:45-47. Jesus came to this world to let us know the working of the devil, sins and curses, and to let us seek Him first and be saved from these things (1 John 3:8, John 3:16). Our faith life means that we are saved from our sins and the devil, through Jesus Christ and we can finally overcome them. Jesus told us we shouldn’t be tempted by the devil. Dear brothers and sisters! The devil is very crafty. Don’t look at mere appearances, but see the ferociousness. The wolf in sheep’s clothing will hunt your soul at any cost. Let us preserve our souls only by the Words of God in faith. Everything the devil does is so malicious and deceitful, for it is a coward and double minded. Only by the Lord, faith, the Holy Spirit and prayer let us know, see and overcome his working.

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크