The Testimony of the Holy Spirit

• 2011.05.30 10:48

John 15:26-27

"When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me. And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.” John 15:26-27. God sent His one and only Son, Jesus Christ, into this world and let Him die by shedding His blood on the cross to save all human beings. Jesus completely repaid the sins of the world and saved us. He is the only Savior to mankind. Do you know this and believe it? How do you know this? How can we know about the grace of salvation through Jesus Christ without a messenger? God existed before human beings, and He predestined the providence of salvation for men (Eph. 1:3-6). He testified about Himself, "I am who I am" (Ex. 3:13-14) to achieve His will. And He testified that our Savior Jesus Christ would save human beings from all sin, curses, pain and eternity in hell (John 8:18). Jesus Christ also testified about Himself that He would fulfill the will of God the Father, solving impossibilities and diseases and performing miracles (John 6:38-40). God and Jesus Christ both personally testified about themselves in order to make all human beings know about the only Savior, Jesus Christ, for them to accept Him and be saved. Jesus Christ is the defender for all believers (1 John 2:1-2). The Holy Spirit is also the witness of Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth (Acts 1:8, John 15:26). Jesus Christ is the Son of God who has no sin at all, He is the Word which became flesh (John 1:14), God Himself (Phil. 2:6) and the image of the invisible God (Col. 1:15-17). Nevertheless, He came to this world as a servant and was crucified on the cross like the worst sinner (John 19:17-18, Phil. 2:5-8). “Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross!” Phil. 2:5-8. Jesus appeared in the Jewish court on a charge of blasphemy and was sentenced to death. It was unjust to kill Him because He really was God's Son. But no-one knew His mind or could speak in His defense (Rom. 11:34, 1 Cor. 2:16). But it's to our advantage that no-one defended Him. If He didn't die on the cross at that time, we would all perish and die due to the wages of our sins. Before Jesus Christ died, He told His disciples that the Counselor from God the Father would come and testify about Him (John 15:26). And He asked them to be His witnesses to the ends of the Earth by the Holy Spirit after He rose again from the dead (Acts 1:8). When the Holy Spirit came on the disciples, they could testify about Jesus Christ even to the point of death, even though they had denied Him before. Many have been testifying about Jesus Christ and dying for Him by the power of the Holy Spirit since that time. If the Holy Spirit did not testify about Jesus, we may not have known about Him and have gone to hell. Dear brothers and sisters, let's give abundant thanks to God and testify about Him to unbelievers. Lets' treat the love of the Holy Spirit respectfully before the season of Pentecost. Those who are led by Holy Spirit are the witnesses and defenders of Jesus Christ.

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크