Receive My Spirit

• 2011.12.05 16:21

Acts 7:54~60 54

When they heard this, they were furious and gnashed their teeth at him. 55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56 "Look," he said, "I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God." 57 At this they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices, they all rushed at him, 58 dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their clothes at the feet of a young man named Saul. 59 While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit." 60 Then he fell on his knees and cried out, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." When he had said this, he fell asleep. God is the creator of man. "The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being(Genesis 2:7)". The flesh of every man returns to the ground but the spirit of every man doesn't disappear because man is a living being which lives forever. There are two kinds of people who are with Jesus or without Jesus in the earth. Those who are with Jesus have the working of Jesus' blood so that they can go to heaven and live with Jesus forever with no more death, mourning, crying or pain(Revelation 21:1~4). But those who aren't with Jesus don't have the working of Jesus' blood so that they live under sin with the devil in flesh and should go to hell and be tormented day and night for ever and ever(Revelation 20:10). Therefore, every man should choose to go to heaven with Jesus by believing in Him or to go to hell with the devil by no believing in Jesus while we live in this life. Many people say that death is the end of all and where heaven is. And they don't like to listen to the voice telling them, "If you don't believe in Jesus, you will go to hell.", but they admit they are a spiritual being by instinct. Those who belong to this world say “if someone did good deeds and was praised by men, he will go to a good place after death.” Some of them want to be served well with a memorial service by their descendants after they die. But it's their vague hope without any promise and idol worship. In this passage, Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, was killed by the Jews because he preached the gospel to them. This was the death because of his faith and his sacrifice for Jesus. God asked for his death from the passion for the Lord and souls of neighbors. All men return to the ground(Genesis 2:17,3:19). Where will your soul go? We should be happy in heaven by living with Jesus in this fleshly life. The working of the devil killed Jesus on the cross through the Jews and also killed Stephen who wanted to save dying souls. The devil has been trying to drag many souls to hell by stopping them from preaching the gospel about the grace of the Lord who forgave our sin. "Now if we are children and heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in His sufferings in order that we may also share in His glory(Romans 8:17)". Dear brothers and sisters, never be mere church-goers but be real believers and fellow workers of Jesus. Stephen was one of the most valuable workers for the Lord by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit made him live and die for Jesus. Only evangelists give the Lord their souls. "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us (Romans 8:18)". This is the inheritance of the one who belongs to Jesus. The last word I will say is this, “Lord, Receive my spirit."

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크
금요구역예배 게시판 게시물 목록
No Title Date
154 Repent for the Forgiveness of Sins 02/01/2012
153 I’ll Do Whatever You Ask 01/16/2012
152 Fishers of Men 01/09/2012
151 Our Salvation Is Near 01/02/2012
150 The Grace of Salvation Given by the Lord 12/31/2011
149 The Grace from the Passion of Jesus 12/31/2011
148 Jesus with us 12/31/2011
147 Receive My Spirit 12/05/2011
146 I am the Vine, You are the Branches 11/28/2011