Unlimited Passion for Winning Souls

• 2012.02.13 16:02

Acts 20:22~25 22

"And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. 23 I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. 24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. 25 "Now I know that none of you among whom I have gone about preaching the kingdom will ever see me again. God is love and He loves man. But the devil deceived man and made him eat the forbidden fruit, so man was destined to go to hell and be punished there forever due to his sin. But God sent His one and only Son, Jesus, into this world to die on the cross by shedding His blood, in order to pay back man’s wages of sin and to save him from sin, curses and hell (John 3:16). Jesus solved all the spiritual and physical suffering of man while He was in the flesh and He gave heaven and eternal life to those who repent. God has sent many evangelists to those who don’t know about this grace of salvation, and he let them do the same works by the Holy Spirit that Jesus had done. God loved man even to the point of killing His one and only Son. And Jesus loved man even to the point of laying down His own life on the cross, exchanging His life for ours. Nothing on this earth can limit God’s great grace and the Holy Spirit's passion for winning souls (Acts 1:8, Matthew 28:18~20). Likewise, those who have the love for winning souls like God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit cannot be limited by anything because they resemble God. Therefore, when we evangelize we are not forced by anyone but it comes from the love for dying souls. So believers who are filled with this love can save many souls, even to the point of death. The privilege of evangelism is especially for believers. Even the angels, who are ministering spirits, are not permitted to do this (Hebrews 1:13~14). God entrusted only man with the task of evangelism. Jesus was killed to save only man. Therefore, preaching Jesus' blood on the cross is the special right only for man (Roman 8:16~18, Acts 1:8). The Holy Spirit made pastors to be overseers and to let them keep watch over the saints, which He bought with His own blood, in order to save their souls from sin, death and hell. Worldly people are enthusiastic about having wealth, health and honor; but true believers are enthusiastic about winning souls, even to the point of sacrificing themselves and to the death (Acts 20:23~24). If you don't have any passion for winning souls, you are only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal (1 Corinthians 13:1~3). Without love your evangelism is for only your own righteousness. Dear brothers and sisters, let's evangelize with the passion and love of God the Father who gave us His precious Son, Jesus! Let's evangelize like Jesus who laid down His life as a ransom for many! Let's evangelize with the mind of the triune God, like Jesus' disciples and the first believers. "It's OK for me to die for you! You should live."

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크