Store Up for Yourselves Treasures in Heaven

• 2012.02.27 11:04

Matthew 6:19~21 19

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. God gave each man time and all of creation for him to live (Genesis 1:29~30) and each man is living according to his own ideas. Many people go through many hardships in order to gain greater happiness, better health, and a longer life. Some of them get all these things, but others lose them all. But regardless of whether man gets happiness, health and wealth or not, every man dies in the end. No one can take anything with him when he dies. The book of Ecclesiastes in the Bible says, "What does man gain from all his labor at which he toils under the sun?" King Solomon, who enjoyed the greatest wealth, power and glory in his time, cried out to us like this when he faced death. Lots of men try to gather knowledge, power, wealth and honor and they put their trust in them; but these things are all useless (Luke 12:13~21). But there is a place where we can store up the things we gain by our efforts in this lifetime. Heaven. If I give even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones, it's my reward forever in heaven (Matthew 10:42). None can steal my reward in heaven and it will never disappear even though my body dies. Man's flesh can only live for seventy or eighty years, but man's soul lives forever. The flesh doesn't have any possessions when it dies, but the soul does - the things it had gained in this life. It's the promise of God, our Creator (Matthew 6:19~20). Dear brothers and sisters, is your labor in the flesh in vain or is it for the time of your soul? Did you meet Jesus' blood? Are you saved by the forgiveness of your sin, through repentance before the working of Jesus' blood on the cross? Is all of your labor being stored up in heaven? Life is more important than mere worldly things. They disappear in the end because they are not true. The only truth in the world is only Jesus Christ and His words. Truth can not be added to or changed but is fair to all. Dear brothers and sisters, pour your whole heart and soul into the time of soul, not for your flesh. True wealth can only be stored up as treasures in heaven. Then your life, labor, efforts, and heart will focus on heaven. Be faithful even to the point of death for your eternal glorious wealth for the time of soul and enjoy your wealth forever when you die.

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크