For the Time of Soul

• 2012.05.18 11:15

Luke 16:19~31 

19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’ 25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’ 27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father’s house, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ 29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’ 30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’ 31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’” God is the Creator. He formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living being (Genesis 2:7). God gave the law to man, and no-one can live according to a law other than the one given by God. God made woman from the man’s rib and let them become united with each other as one flesh, so we get married according to God’s word. God told them to “be fruitful and increase in number” (Genesis 1:22) so we have children. God said, "By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground" (Genesis 3:19) so we have to work to make a living. "For dust you are and to dust you will return," (Genesis 3:19) so in the end we all die (Psalms 90:10). There is no-one who can deny that in the end we will all die. Likewise we are all beings that came from somewhere, and one day we will return there – our flesh to the soil, and our souls to God since we come from Him. The reason God made man was for man to glorify God, and those who glorify God will be able to live with Him in heaven forever. But man doesn’t know that God created him. Man wastes away his live on earth, and he dies without knowing his creator. So after he dies he will be thrown into hell, because not knowing God is sin. But God so loved man that He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, to take away his punishment, and Jesus died so that man won’t have to be punished in hell. The church has invited you in order to let you know why we live, what sin and hell is, and how we can joyfully live forever. People are not aware that they are spiritual and everlasting beings. They think that death is the end of their lives, so they only live for the here and now. But that is not correct. There is no truth in this world. Everything will be changed, vanish and decay. The Word of God is the only truth, since God never changes from everlasting to everlasting. That is why He can be our faith. Materialism will completely destroy your life, heart and thoughts. Time claims your flesh, and your flesh claims your time. Worldly honor, knowledge, material things, power and following the culture will destroy you. The things in the world may look very attractive, but in the end they lead to death. We need to think seriously about our lives before our time is up. While we are in the flesh, we should prepare our souls for after we die. Please be saved by believing in Jesus and live happily in heaven forever.

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크