Let Us Proclaim the Flesh and Blood of Jesus Until He Comes

• 2012.06.12 11:01

1 Corinthians 11:23-26

23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes. Man sinned against God and the wages of sin is death. Because of his sin, man faces many problems from the devil, Satan and demons, and in the end he will go to hell. We did not even know this, but God did. So He sent his only Son, Jesus, to save us. Jesus endured such great suffering and sacrificed his body by dying on the cross to bear our sins and to save us from hell. This is the greatest and most sacrificial love (Matthew 26:37~39, Isaiah 53:5~6). Jesus loves us, so he wants to solve our problems. He solves the problems of those with leprosy, the demon-possessed, the paralytic, the blind, the deaf, the mute and the lame. If those who suffer spiritually and physically come to Jesus and meet him, their problems will be resolved and they will be freed from their suffering. By his blood, Jesus forgives those who repent from their sins. He saves them from hell and gives them eternal life and heaven where they can live joyfully forever. The only thing we can do is to give thanks to him. There is no food or drink that can let our bodies live for more than a day, but we are spiritual beings, so our souls need food as well. Our spiritual food is the flesh and blood of Jesus (John 6:53~57). We can receive life because Jesus shed his blood and his flesh was torn apart (1 Corinthians 11:23~26). Jesus is the ultimate truth, so we should accept and obey him. He loved us even to the point of giving his life for us, so we should preach the Gospel to those who don’t know about him and who will go to hell. Jesus had won the victory of our salvation through taking up the cross, shedding his blood, dying and being resurrected. And in the same way as Jesus is now victoriously enthroned in heaven, we can also receive the crown of life when we are victorious in our faith lives (2 Timothy 4:5~8). Only those who have eaten his flesh and drunk his blood can overcome great suffering and sacrifice their lives for him and be his true co-workers. Jesus’ victory is revealed to us by the Holy Spirit when we give thanks for His body and blood. Those who have Jesus' body and blood will never forget his grace and will not disobey him. Dear brothers and sisters, let us give thanks to him who has given us his love through his body and blood. Let us proclaim the grace of our salvation until he returns. And let us tell of his grace even to the point of our deaths.

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크