When the Lord Works

• 2012.11.15 16:42

John 11:39-41

39 “Take away the stone,” he said. “But, Lord,” said Martha, the sister of the dead man, “by this time there is a bad odor, for he has been there four days.” 40 Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?” 41 So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. God is the Creator. God revealed himself through Jesus Christ, we can meet him through Jesus Christ, and we can experience his working through Jesus Christ. Jesus fulfilled the will of God the Father on this earth. His will was to set free those who suffer physically and spiritually because of the devil (1 John 3:8, Heb 2:14-18). God loved man so much that he decided to do this even before he had created man (Isaiah 53:5-6, John 19:30). Jesus loved man so much that he wanted to take away all man’s unhappiness. In order to do this he gave his own flesh and blood, was cursed, and died on the cross as the worst of sinners. The happiest person in this world is the one who receives the love of God the Father through Jesus. Jesus was beaten, whipped, ridiculed, scorned, made to wear a crown of thorns, before he finally died on the cross. Some time before, Lazarus, the brother of Martha and Mary, had become sick and was about to die. Martha and Mary sent word to Jesus to quickly come and heal him. But Jesus waited a few days and went there four days after Lazarus had died. Jesus went to his tomb, and asked that the stone be taken away. Martha said that there would be a bad odor because Lazarus had been dead for four days. But when Jesus called out to Lazarus’ corpse, Lazarus came walking out of the tomb. Through this we can see that Jesus is the almighty Creator. Demons, diseases, storms and everything in the heaven and earth must obey his command. Nothing is impossible for him. In order for the Lord to solve our problems, we need to have absolute faith that he will work. Jesus said the blind Bartimaeus, “Your faith has healed you.” When we believe in the Lord’s love and in his word, he can work without limitation. We should not just believe in Jesus in a merely religious way. We should believe in him in a way that he can work in our lives. The reason that God sent Jesus to this earth, and that he came to this earth is to help man to overcome sin, death and curses. Therefore whoever is suffering because of the wages of their sin, should meet Jesus. They should seek Jesus. They should ask Jesus. Then Jesus will help them. Jesus came to surely help them. Dear brothers and sisters, Jesus scorned the shame of bearing the cross, being whipped, and being ridiculed, hurt and killed in order to help you. He scorned it because he loves you. He said, “You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.” (John 14:13-14). So why don’t you believe? Why don’t you pray? Give up your pride. Give up your unbelief. Rely on the Lord like the blind Bartimaeus had and receive his love. Desire the Lord. Let him work. Be set free. Thank him. Praise him and glorify him. And tell the world of his love.

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크
금요구역예배 게시판 게시물 목록
No Title Date
199 For the Time of Soul 12/29/2012
198 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus 12/09/2012
197 The Permanent Address, Jesus 12/02/2012
196 The Lamb of Christmas 12/22/2012
195 Avoid Disaster by Repentance 06/16/2012
194 Let the Spirit Have His Way 05/27/2012
193 Watch and Pray 11/20/2012
192 When the Lord Works 11/15/2012
191 Only Jesus is Eternal Life 11/15/2012