Watch and Pray

• 2012.11.20 10:23

Mat 26:37~41

37 He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. 38 Then he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.” 39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.” 40 Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. “Could you men not keep watch with me for one hour?” he asked Peter. 41 “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak.” God's work fills the world (Rom 1:19-25). He made the heavens and the earth, and he gave everything to man in order for man to live. God made man from the dust of the ground in his own image. But man was deceived by the devil, sinned, and became bound by sin, which leads to physical and spiritual death. But God sent his own Son, Jesus Christ, to man to take up man's suffering instead of him. For his amazing grace, we should give him never-ending thanks, glory and praise while we live on the earth. God says that man is “...the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise.” Is 43:21. For as long as man lives, God and man's enemies, the devil, Satan and demons cause us to have all kinds of problems and difficulties. But God promised to help those who ask him through prayer (Jeremiah 29:11-14). God will help whoever asks him. “And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.” John 14:13-14. “Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged.” Hebrews 6:17-18 God knew that man would fall, so he decided beforehand that he would send his Son, Jesus, to this world in the flesh in order to save man. But before Jesus was about to die, he prayed earnestly to the Father, and that prayer must have been so painful for God to hear. “During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.” Hebrews 5:7 God promised to answer and set free those who pray. This world is filled with problems, but we cannot solve any of them if we don't pray. Those who do not rely on God are arrogant and foolish. When we pray we should pray by faith and believe that we have already received what we have asked for (Mark 11:22-24). If you don't pray despite having many problems, you have fallen into temptation. You are like the disciples who had fallen asleep when they should have been praying. We should be vigilant because our enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour (1 Peter 5:8, I Peter 4:7). Repent that you did not live according to the will of God and that you have lived according to your sinful nature. Repent that you have complained and grumbled against others. If you have problems, diseases and curses, repent from your sins. Diseases and family problems are caused by sin. Pray. God promised he will answer you. Know his heart and pray. Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크
금요구역예배 게시판 게시물 목록
No Title Date
199 For the Time of Soul 12/29/2012
198 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus 12/09/2012
197 The Permanent Address, Jesus 12/02/2012
196 The Lamb of Christmas 12/22/2012
195 Avoid Disaster by Repentance 06/16/2012
194 Let the Spirit Have His Way 05/27/2012
193 Watch and Pray 11/20/2012
192 When the Lord Works 11/15/2012
191 Only Jesus is Eternal Life 11/15/2012