The Testimony of the Holy Spirit

• 2013.02.06 14:36

John 15:26-27

"When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me. And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning."

God, the Father, has sent Jesus Christ, the Son, to the world for sinners who would be eternally depraved. God paid back our payment of sin by Jesus shedding His blood and dying on the cross, saving humankind. Only Jesus Christ is our Savior.

However, if there were no one to preach the gospel about the grace of salvation achieved by Jesus Christ, then how could we know that we have received grace from Him?

Before human beings were created, God existed and He scheduled the providence of salvation before the creation of the world (Ephesians 1:3-6). To achieve his plan of salvation, God testified Himself to His people (Exodus 3:13-14).

Through Moses, God told His people that He was the Savior of the Israelites who rescued them from Egypt.
Also to save all people from sin, curses, suffering and eternal hell, God directly testified about Jesus Christ (John 8:18). By showing many miracles and His power to solve people’s problems such as healing the sick and making impossible, possible, Jesus Christ testified that He Himself was the Savior whom God sent (John 6:38-40). Testifying about Himself was to defend Himself.

Witness and defender have the same meaning that God wants all people to be saved and tells people, to realize and to believe in Jesus who is going to do His duty and achieve it for the salvation of humankind.When the Holy Spirit comes on you, He will be witness and defend to the ends of the earth (Acts 1:8). Therefore, the Holy Spirit is the witness and defender of Jesus Christ (John 15:26).

Jesus Christ, the Son of God, did not have any sin. However, He died in the most brutal way on the cross as the sinner of the sinners (John 19:17-18). The body of Jesus Christ died cruelly on the cross is that of the Word became flesh who never had sin (John 1:14).

He being in very nature God and the image of the invisible God (Colossians 1:15-17). While Jesus was in the world in the body, He said, "When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me” (John 15:26).

Also the last instruction of Jesus Christ was that you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses then he ascended up to heaven. This is an absolute order that He want all people to be saved (Acts 1:8).

Although the disciples worked with the Lord for about three years and said that they would not deny Him until death, they did and ran away from Him when the Lord was whipped, suffered and died on the cross for the salvation of humankind. However, when the Holy Spirit came on the upper room, the reason for Jesus Christ suffering and death for salvation was testified by Him. Because of this testimony, all humankind can know Jesus’ grace of salvation, to believe and to be saved.

If the Holy Spirit has not come on you, and you do not become the defender and witness, then you and I will surely go to hell because we would not know that Jesus is our Savior. By the coming of the Holy Spirit, many believers preached the gospel about Jesus Christ although they suffered and were martyred. If there were no work of the Holy Spirit, how will your time of soul be?

Dear believers, we should give thanks to God, the Holy Spirit, for He is being the respectful love. Also we should win souls with the Holy Spirit by preaching the gospel about Jesus Christ. Only the one with the Holy Spirit is the witness and defender of Jesus Christ.

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크