Faith Which Makes Everything Possible

• 2014.04.13 15:21

Mark 9:17~29

17 A man in the crowd answered, "Teacher, I brought you my son, who is possessed by a spirit that has robbed him of speech. 18 Whenever it seizes him, it throws him to the ground. He foams at the mouth, gnashes his teeth and becomes rigid. I asked your disciples to drive out the spirit, but they could not." 19 "O unbelieving generation," Jesus replied, "how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy to me." 20 So they brought him. When the spirit saw Jesus, it immediately threw the boy into a convulsion. He fell to the ground and rolled around, foaming at the mouth. 21 Jesus asked the boy's father, "How long has he been like this?" "From childhood," he answered. 22 "It has often thrown him into fire or water to kill him. But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us." 23 " 'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes."24 Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" 25 When Jesus saw that a crowd was running to the scene, he rebuked the evil spirit. "You deaf and mute spirit," he said, "I command you, come out of him and never enter him again." 26 The spirit shrieked, convulsed him violently and came out. The boy looked so much like a corpse that many said, "He's dead." 27 But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him to his feet, and he stood up. (Mark 9:17~29)

God is Creator. He created man to bless and use him. But man, who had God given character was deceived by the devil. He ate the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that God commanded him not to eat and became desperate. Man whom God had created and blessed caused destruction by himself (1 John 3:8, Hebrew 2:14-15).

God sent his only Son, Jesus Christ to the world to save man who was destined to perish with the devil. Jesus Christ came to solve all misfortune that man is suffering (Matt 11:2~5). Jesus Christ bore man's suffering in both His body and soul. So He died on the cross, shedding His blood (Isa 53:5~6, Philip 2:5~8). God let His only Son bear the cruel suffering instead of man to forgive man's sin which causes suffering spiritually, physically and mentally and for solving the problems that man has in both his body and soul. As Jesus Christ defeated the enemy who had troubled man himself, so He entrusted His work to His disciples (Jn 14:12, Matt 10:5~8).

Jesus Christ commanded us to do the same work he had done, if we are disciples of Jesus. Those who believe in Jesus solve the suffering that comes from the devil and sin wherever they go in the world. It is the command to give the news that Jesus Christ bore man's suffering by His body to those who don't know the fact. Man, however, cannot do it by his own strength. So the Lord promised to send the Holy Spirit. You will do it, "...when the Holy Spirit comes on you" (Acts 1:8).

If the Spirit of God uses us, nothing is impossible. Man tries to overcome suffering by trying to be happy and believes that he can overcome it with money, fame and science. But the science cannot take away the suffering in both body and soul because there are so many worries, diseases, poverty, curses and death. It's the evidence that science, medical science, money, fame, power and knowledge of the world cannot overcome the devil's work and forgive sin which cause suffering to man. Only Jesus Christ can forgive our sin and destroy the devil's work (1 Jn 3:8, Isa 53:5-6).

So many people do their best to be happy but they realize in the end that there is no happiness in the world. Their soul will be tormented in hell forever (Heb 9:27, Matt25:41).

Dear saints! The reason you are suffering is from the work of the devil and sin. It's the demon's which works in sin. The Lord bore any suffering you have now in his body. Believe the truth and be free. Ask and be free with the answer of your prayer. Never get discouraged. Do not give up. The Lord said, "...In my name they will drive out demons..." (Mk 16:17-20) and "You may ask me for anything in my name..." Pray by faith. Drive out demons by faith. Be free in Jesus, give thanks to Jesus and give your testimony.

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크