[Shepherding the Sheep with One Heart] Righteousness, faith and love

• 2016.04.19 10:12

God is spirit so we can’t see, touch or hear Him. However, we can meet Him by experience. Those who have met God experience Him. Those who have faith have met the love of God.
It’s because righteousness that heals disease is the love and righteousness that forgives our sins is the love. It’s because we experience by faith that diseases are cured and sins are forgiven. Therefore, the words which we should seek righteousness, faith and love have the same meaning. I have to tell you this. Righteousness is love. Love is faith. Faith is righteousness.
Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was credited by God as righteousness. That’s why the faith is what we believe while seeing what He is doing. Righteousness is what God has his will in heaven. Faith is that Jesus died on the cross by shedding His blood to save us two thousand years ago. Love is power that we can experience it. Righteousness is fulfilled in heaven, faith on earth, and love in us. It is just the same as Jesus, saying “Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”(Matthew 6:10)
If we are full of the righteousness of God, we will be full of faith, and love will work out through it and we can share that love with our neighbors. Likewise, God always uses those who fulfill righteousness.
When righteousness and faith are done in us, the love of God will work out. Therefore, righteousness and faith go together in love. The words “Follow me” means to the point of death. Until we go to the kingdom of God, we have to do attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
If you regard yourself as righteous, you are very arrogant. We can’t be righteous at all. That’s why we should follow Jesus who is truly righteous to the end. I hope you all fulfill the righteousness that the Lord wants.

Seok-Jeon Yoon
Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #471 (Feb 27, 2016)