[Shepherding the Sheep with One Heart] Spiritual advantage gained by being obedient

• 2016.05.03 14:10

The meek win a victory in spiritual battle to the end. The meek never oppose the word of God but obey absolutely. We have to keep our minds and thought not to give the devil a foothold. When we do, we can serve God by doing His work, not by defending ourselves against the word of God.

The craftiest thing in the world is my mind. My mind is so crafty that it makes me act only for my own good. God uses those whose mind is steadfast (Isaiah26:3). Those whose mind is steadfast are the meek. Although there are some obstacles or temptation, they are never shaken while obeying the word of God and are meek and steadfast.

Humility and meekness come from faith. In Matthew 8, when Jesus entered Capernaum, a centurion asked Him to heal his sick servant, “Lord. I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, “Go, and he goes; and that one, “Come, and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.” (Matthew 8:8-9) What a meek person he was!

Those who have faith in God do exactly as He commands. Even though they boast of the best knowledge and argues before almighty God, it is a foolish act to shoot themselves in the foot.

Therefore, in any case, we must not try to be righteous by defending ourselves on our faults and corruption before the Lord. It may work for people but it doesn’t work before God. It’s because God is almighty and just.

Seok-Jeon Yoon
Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #473 (Mar 26, 2016)