[Shepherding the Sheep with One Heart] The Lord Uses the Meek

• 2016.06.07 09:53

The Lord uses those who pray. Prayer is for asking for help knowing that you cannot live by yourself. The most wicked and arrogant person will not pray to the Lord to live by themself. No one can live by their own power and ability.

The word of God is eternal knowledge, and has no mistakes so when we live according to the word, we will not make errors. So we can be protected by the almighty Lord, and those who want to live by His power will pray. Such one is meek.

The meek are filled with the Holy Spirit. We should not be moved by our own thoughts, but should be moved by the Holy Spirit. If I am moved by my mind of sinful man, it will lead me to death in the end. It will drive my soul to death someday.
"The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace" (Romans 8:6)

The Holy Spirit may abide with you forever. It means that He will take care of you forever. We should let the Holy Spirit control our minds, then He will use us with His wisdom, word and gifts in our life.

The meek will say and do with the knowledge of God. There is power and signs and wonders in the word of God. When we say the word of God with the heart of the Lord, those who listen to it will be overwhelmed and repent of their sins. Don't forget that the Lord uses those who learn meekness from Him and are clothed in His grace and try to live by His word.

Seok-Jeon Yoon
Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #477 (Apr 23, 2016)