[Shepherding the sheep with One heart] He who is Seized by the Lord

• 2016.11.14 10:50

The Lord keeps His promise. As He promised in the book of Genesis and the prophets and Isaiah, He sent His Son to the world and let Him break His body and shed His blood and die. He who earnestly keeps His promise becomes our faith. We cannot help being seized by His love.

However, worldly people don’t know the truth of God who sent His Son to save us from destruction. They don’t know the mind of the Son who came to the earth and took up our sin and died on the cross to save us from destruction. They live in the world not knowing the truth and love of the Lord. They regard money, fame, power and knowledge as everything. However, they will disappear when one generation passes by. Only the Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal One. We should be seized only by Him who is faithful. 

Even though we lay down our lives for the work of the Lord, it is not loss because He will reward us with things greater than our lives. The Bible says that whoever loses his life for His sake will find it. “And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."

“Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.” (Matthew 10:39)

“And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward." (Matthew 10:42)

We should give thanks and be faithful to the Lord Jesus Christ who earnestly loves us. Then we will be rewarded in heaven.

Senior Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon
Extracted from the church newspaper (#489 July 23, 2016)