[Shepherding the sheep with one heart] What Is The First Thing To Do?

• 2017.03.11 12:02

We should solve the problem of our spiritual recession before we try to get over the economic recession. We must seek the wealth of the heaven before we try to obtain worldly things. Many people say, “I will believe in Jesus after I have earned a lot of money.” They try to be loyal to money while not going to church every Sunday, not tithing, and not praying.

Our lives must not be dominated by money. The Bible does not say, “You don’t need to make money because you believe in Jesus.” On the contrary, the Bible says, “You must live wisely the life for the time of soul, not wasting time because your soul will be miserable after death if you live just for the flesh with money.
For the time of soul, we must know that we absolutely need the blood of Jesus shed on the cross.

When we listen to somebody speaking, we soon know whether he is wise or foolish. His words give him away. We should live together with the Lord:  God will remember our words; we should pursue those things that God cares about; and we should align our thoughts with God's.  

How can we live together with the Lord? Firstly, we can be with the Lord since He said that the Holy Spirit will be with us. Secondly, we can be with Him, holding His grace in our hands because we don’t forget that the Lord shed His blood on the cross. Lastly, through the word of God. We have to keep the word of God.

“If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.(John 15:7)”

“You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.(John 14:14)

We must believe the Word that it will be given to us when we ask for whatever we wish. But first, we should remember this, “The Lord must remain in us and we must remain in the Lord.”

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon
Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #504 (Nov 19, 2016)