[Shepherding the sheep with one heart] The Most Envious Person in the World

• 2017.05.30 16:17

A pastor told me that he envied me because I preached without adding or subtracting anything about Jesus, and because I was ready to die, and had decided to die, for Jesus.
The most envious person in the world is the person who uses his life totally for his own soul. 

I envy the one who prays a lot. I do not envy anyone who does not pray, no matter how great the person is in the world. Those who pray a lot are those who live by the help of God, who live by the grace of God, who make God their inheritance, and who make God their background.

We need to pray a lot because it is a struggle to live. We want to have God in the background. In the past, the Jews were a nation without their own territory or country. But God, who made all things in heaven and earth, was their inheritance and background. The health and beauty of the physical body will be broken and become old as time goes by. Everything on this earth has its end. The people of the world are crazy about buildings, wealth, honor, and authority. They misunderstand that they’re eternal, but they disappear at the end of their flesh. A man who has eternal life can be poor by the world’s standards, but by God's standards he is rich. We are capable of healing the sick, capable of driving out demons, capable of delivering the word of life, and capable of receiving the Kingdom of God. It is the greatest richness that the Lord who can give all this is in me.

We should not be deprived of our mind for momentary things. We should devote ourselves to eternity. We must only fear the Lord in Christ, boast of the salvation of Jesus, and preach the gospel of life given by the Lord to many.

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon
Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #517 (Feb 25, 2017)