[Shepherding the sheep with one heart] The Word of God which is Surely Fulfilled

• 2017.06.28 18:55

How many Christians today live a life of faith, trying to please God? If we try to do good to God just as much as lovers try to be good each other, the relations between God and us will be great. When we truly understand the great love of God who sent his only Son to save us who were destined to go to hell, we will love God with all our hearts.

God has given us the opportunity to love Him. We must give thanks to God for giving us the opportunity to love Him while we live in this world so that we can enjoy His blessing in the time of soul. We also thank God that He lets us be successful in His eyes.

My heart is full whenever I baptize Christians. This is because baptism fulfills the Word of the Lord spoken by Jesus told his disciples 2,000 years ago.

“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”(Matthew 28:19-20)

People in the Middle East have made a business out of following Jesus’ footsteps, calling these pilgrimages to the Holy Land. Also, they make money by selling the tracks of the early church and the disciples. What a shame! It broke my heart to see people doing this for money rather than for the sole purpose of evangelizing (although I was very touched to find out about the age when Jesus lived).

The Word of God is still working and the Word has the power of now-ness. The Word is being fulfilled through us right now. The baptism we receive is a blessing that can’t fade in the memory of God.  Through this, the Word of God is fulfilled in our lives. 

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon
Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #521 (Mar 25, 2017)