[Shepherding the sheep with One heart] A Clear Path

• 2017.07.17 16:38

In the past, there were many Buddhists among those who were in power. That’s why many Christians would convert to Buddhism to succeed in the world. I bet they were not true Christians.

Who cares if you don’t succeed? We all die whether you succeed or not in this world. What matters to us is the time of soul in which we will live forever. It is wise that we live our lives for the time of soul that will last forever, rather than for our flesh that will disappear someday.

God has shown a way to us who belong to the dark world and will be destroyed by our sins. He is Jesus Christ. We who are saved by the blood of Jesus and His grace must give glory to God while living in this world. 

I encourage young girls not to wear short skirts. Maybe some people say that this violates a basic human right.  In modern society, they say wearing the clothes they want to wear is an individual’s right.However, I tell them not to wear short skirts, even if this violates the right of their individuality. This is because every man who see a girl wearing a short skirt looks at the girl lustfully. What I am trying to say is “Don’t cause the man to commit sins.”

We must not make our neighbours commit sins. On the contrary, we have to be beneficial to our neighbours through our life so that the neighbours may turn to God and be saved.

Even scarier than a hungry, growling lion is a sin that makes us turn away from God. The sin leads us to hell where everyone will be salted with fire. (Mark 9:49) We must fight against the sins which make us forget Jesus to the point of shedding our blood. “In your struggle against sin, you have not resisted to the point of shedding your blood.(Hebrews 12:4)” By doing this, we can save our time.

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon
Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #523 (Apr 8, 2017)