[Shepherding the sheep with One heart] To obtain the crown of the Kingdom of Heaven

• 2017.07.17 16:42

A crown of the Kingdom of Heaven is an inheritance for those who live with Jesus in this world.  Someone says, “Who cares if I don’t get the crown? It’s enough that I am saved. However, the Bible says, ”The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another, and star differs from star in splendor. (1 Corinthians 15:41)“

I can still visualize my father shortly before he died.  He said, “If I had believed in Jesus ten years earlier, I could have worked for the Lord much more”.  But I thank God that he was saved in his old age, after persecuting those members of my family who believed in Jesus. He said this because he was sorry for having persecuted his family when he did not know Jesus.  He regretted having wasted his time without Jesus. We must use the time that God has give us well for Him and for the time of soul, filled with godly desires.  We should not just regret our past wrong living, but should try to live a godly life in the days to come.

It’s useless to regret the past days. Our past life is irrevocable.  The secret to living the rest of our lives wisely with God is to be full of the Holy Spirit.   When we are filled with the Holy Spirit, we want to go to church and worship God and pray, and preach the Gospel, and do the work of the Lord, and live according to the will of God.

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law. (Galatians 5:22~23)

That means there is no law to stop the mind from doing these things. Physical desires and acts of our sinful nature, material worldly desires, all the greed in the world can’t prohibit what those who are full of the Holy Spirit do. I want you to be filled with the Holy Spirit for the rest of your lives while being with the Lord ,and to be filled with hope of the eternal Kingdom of Heaven.

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon
Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #524 (Apr 15, 2017)