[Shepherding the sheep with one heart] Man Born to Love

• 2018.02.26 09:08

We could be happier, if we threw away the instinct to be loved by others, and admitted that this sentence is true: ‘I was born to love someone’.

God gave us all creation, His Word, His Son, and the Holy Spirit. And he also responds to our prayers, heals our diseases, and has already given us a place to live in heaven in the time of soul. If we know this love that God gives to us without limit, then no-one can cause us trouble. But we have fights and troubles, and we can enter into temptation, when we want not to give but to receive. We must have the desire to give, abandoning the instinct to receive. The man who wants to give has no enemy, but he is always open to everyone.

Jesus said in Matthew 16:19.
 “I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

To loose on earth all the time, we must become a ‘Giver’. A Giver heals the sick, helps the poor and prays for someone who has a problem. The Lord already provides everything in the mind and circumstance for a man who wants to give.

The Lord sincerely hopes for us to unite into one with love, meekness and humility. Therefore, despite whomever you meet, I hope that you will recognize that God sent you to serve others and carry out the mission of serving him in your entire life (Mark 10:42~45). We must not want others always to be thinking of us, or to treat us specially, thinking they exist for us.  Rather, we must not forget that a man who serves and favours others has many things, and that he is rich in mind and spirit. 

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon
Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #563 (February 3, 2018)