[Shepherding the sheep with one heart] Colt

• 2018.05.29 15:03

“saying to them, "Go to the village ahead of you, and just as you enter it, you will find a colt tied there, which no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here. If anyone asks you, 'Why are you doing this?' tell him, 'The Lord needs it and will send it back here shortly.' " (Mark 11:2~3)

In the text, when Jesus enters Jerusalem, he orders His disciples to bring a colt to Him. A colt is too young to support the weight of a man; it is not sufficient for the Lord to ride.  Though it was little, it took the Lord to His destination without falling or giving up. You are serving the Creator. So when you obey the Lord as He wants, He will give you strength to complete your task, just as the Lord used the colt. This shows that whomever the Lord uses will be written in the book of life.

When the Lord commands you to do something, you disobey Him if you say, "It’s very difficult for me to do it in this environment and these conditions." If the Lord is willing to use us, He will give us the power to do it. So we must obey the Lord whatever He commands us. There is no authority for us as creatures before God, the Creator. We should live according to the needs and will of the Creator. If we are against and bypass the will of the Lord, it’s sin. The colt and its master also belong to the Lord, so the Lord can ask him to give it to the Lord. If he rejects and disobeys, it is sin which is against the Creator, forgetting the grace of the blood of Jesus. He who forgot the work of the blood of Jesus on the cross will give it up thinking that it is hard to do it.

Every time I went to an overseas conference, my body was infinitely weak, so many times I  worried whether I could preach or not. However I obeyed the command of the Lord and went to preach, amazing signs and wonders occurred. So many people heard the gospel of the blood of Jesus and repented and were saved.

I belong to the Lord. So I should be used as the Lord wants. The faith life is doing what the Lord wants us to do. Let us all be men of faith who are used by the Lord, just like the colt.

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon
Extracted from the church newspaper #575 (May 12, 2018)