[Shepherding the sheep with one heart] Only by grace of the Lord

• 2019.03.11 19:29

Humans absolutely need help from God.  If you say, “I can live without God”, you don’t know God and you don’t know about misfortune.  If you know about God but don’t believe in Him and pray, you are very arrogant and unbelieving.  You are also rude if you ignore God’s favor, saying that you don’t receive help from God.  Receiving help from God is accepting God’s kindness and His willingness to help people.    

The Israelites never built an embankment to curb the flow of water when they crossed the Red Sea. They never grew any crops in the wilderness where the temperature was over 40degrees Celsius and there was no grass under the scorching sun. God helped them to cross the Red Sea by parting the it so that it was like walking on the land and He granted them the manna to eat and made the water gush out of the rock to drink and drove quail from the sea so they could eat meat. The Israelites couldn’t live by themselves in the desert. Likewise, our life is like the desert so we never know when we will be sick and cursed and when and where we may meet an accident which we can’t settle without the help of God. Although we don’t know when and where we will face the enemy because we are not capable, we can live with the help of God because He knows everything and works it all out.

Sins and curses, and lots of diseases, which will kill the body and soul, lead people ceaselessly to suffering and destruction.  There’s no way for people who forget God to get through the unavoidable pain. They don’t have any power to escape from this dark world when the enemy is trying to harm them in their whole life. That’s why Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”(John 14:6) You can get out of the dark and long tunnel of pain only through Jesus. This means you must live by faith and by the grace that Jesus Christ will work for you.

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon

Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #602