[Shepherding the sheep with One heart] The Lord’s Supper that gave His body and blood

• 2019.11.02 11:51

In the evening before Jesus was arrested, He was with His disciples. He knew very well that He had come to this world to fulfill the mission God entrusted to Him to save His own people. Jesus already knew that the high priest’s men would take Him away soon so He prepared the Last Supper which He ate with His disciples.  While they were eating, Jesus took bread and broke it and gave it to His disciples, saying, “Take and eat, this is my body”. That bread is His body? How could this be possible?

Most of the disciples might have thought in this way, and I think they just filled their empty stomachs in silence because they didn’t understand what He said.

They might have wondered why He was saying such an absurd thing about the wine, which they drank every meal, claiming it was His blood. What is the meaning of the Lord’s Last Supper? That means the Day. He was prophesying His forthcoming Crucifixion and the shedding of His blood through offering the bread and wine to his disciples.

I’m really touched whenever I eat the Lord’s Supper. Unbelievers worship idols and eat the food sacrificed to the idols at any time. How thankful it is because we eat the bread and drink the cup in remembrance of Jesus who died and shed His blood on the Cross on the first Sunday of the month.

When you eat the Lord’s Supper, you must confess and give a testimony that the wounded flesh of the Lord is your food and the shed blood is your life. You have to eat the bread and drink the cup by giving thanks to God for having eternal life by the flesh and blood of Jesus.

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon
Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #632