[Shepherding the Sheep with One Heart] Abandoning Proud and Unbelief

• 2020.07.04 11:20

The proud don’t know their pride. The proud get angry at people who tell them, who are arrogant, not to be arrogant. Arrogant people repent looking at themselves when they hear the sermon “Don’t be proud.” Likewise, those who are gladly rebuked become humble but for those who are displeased to be rebuked, arrogance parts them from God.

Some people can’t throw their arrogance away because they regard their status and position highly. Naaman from Aram was a commander. He was obedient to Elijah the prophet and bathed seven times in Jordan. After that, he was healed from leprosy. He had to take off his armor and show his naked body but he obeyed the prophet by throwing off position.

We are also just like the leper who is stained with guilt before the Lord. The Lord knows we are miserable so we can’t hide ourselves with our position in the church, years of belief or knowledge. Only those who realize that Jesus alone can solve the problem that they are spiritually miserable can pray.

At the Last Supper, Jesus said, “I tell you the truth, one of you will betray me.” Then Judas, said, “Surely not I, Rabbi?” (Matthew 26:25) while dipping his hand into the bowl with Jesus. How could he do that in all conscience? Even though they say that God is almighty, they have no faith at all and they are two-faced if they said it’s impossible for God when they meet problems and they don’t pray when they say that God will answer to their prayer. How many people can say that there is no such thing as a dual personality among Christian, today.

If you have a double personality, abandon the shell of pride and unbelief and confess that you can’t live without God’s help. Only Jesus can help and He willingly wants to help you.

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon

Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #638