[Shepherding the Sheep with One Heart] Faith that overcomes depression

• 2020.07.07 21:16

Judas Iscariot, went with a crowd armed with swords and clubs to a place around Gethesemane where Jesus prayed. Then, going to Jesus, Judas kissed Jesus. (Mark 14:45) That didn’t mean he loved his teacher. He did it as a signal to let the crowd know who Jesus was.

Don’t you think Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Jesus for thirty silver coins is sly? However, today there are many people who sell Jesus saying they are Christians. In the name of Jesus, many people try to take profit from the world. They sell Jesus for profit who died for us and gave us everlasting life.

Please don’t have a childish faith in Jesus. We have to stop praying like that “Help me earn lots of money and make me rich.” Those who believe in Jesus can’t be rich. How could they be a millionaire? Don’t be fooled. When we make lots of money, we want to give the money to God. When we give the money to God, we are happier than we have it ourselves. Storing up treasures in heaven keeps me from worrying about many things more than storing them up on earth. Then, how can we be rich?

Some say “If Christians live in need, it is a dishonor to the God’s glory.” Don’t misunderstand. You shouldn’t misuse the name of Jesus because you don’t want to be poor. We have to believe in Jesus who gives life not money.

Those who believe in Jesus don’t need to worry about hardships. It’s because there is no slump in Jesus Christ. He promised us “Ask and it will be given to you.” (Matthew7:7) Jesus will give everlasting life to those who want life. Everything is possible for him who believes. (Mark 9:23) We can get over the recession with ease in Jesus.

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon

Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #646