[Shepherding the Sheep with One Heart] The world’s super rich

• 2020.07.07 21:19

Today, a faith of blessing has prevailed over Jesus in Korea. Jesus didn’t come to give humans a windfall but to give Himself. Jesus came to the world to give everlasting life which is the nature of Jesus to those who are afraid of death. We can’t exchange everlasting life even though we add all human’s lifespan who were once born and dead through the history. Those who don’t enjoy the joy of everlasting life often complain. “I am sad because the church members do not acknowledge me because I’m poor although I believe in Jesus.” However, God knows you even if people don’t. When a rich man wore fine clothes and enjoyed a feast, people also gathered and enjoyed pleasure with them. Although every man in the world acknowledges and praises them highly, they can’t get out of the agony of the hell which they have to suffer from the wages of sins forever.

In this world, no one welcomed the beggar who begged in front of the house of the rich man. “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side.” (Luke 16:22) It was because he longed for heaven and truly served God even though people looked down on him.

If a Christian is tempted because he is poor, it’s because he misunderstood the word of God. Jesus came to the poor and let them became rich. (2 Corinthians 8:9) The word “rich” doesn’t mean it is material wealth. But it is the life that you live forever. Jesus Christ came to the world to give everlasting life. When He prayed at Gethsemane, “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from; yet not my will, but yours be done.”, “Being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.” (Luke 22:44) Why did he pray so earnestly? He prayed to give His life as a sacrifice for ours. We have to understand the mind of God who wants to save our souls

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon

Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #648