[Shepherding the sheep with One heart] Only Jesus, is all we can boast.

• 2020.11.16 19:16

The grace of salvation is a gift from God. That’s why we shouldn’t boast that we are saved and be arrogant. We can boast about only Jesus who saved us from sin, curse, and hell.

What is the evidence that we are sinners? It is that the Son of God, who was innocent, died for me. All humans are sinners so they are destined to death for the wages of sin is death. (Romans 6:23) However, the Lord suffered and was dead for us and saved us. Therefore, we must give thanks to the Lord and praise Him.

I think the Lord will ask me, “Yoon Seok-jeon, let me see your tongue so that I can find out how much you said with your tongue? I always try to talk about Jesus anytime or anywhere because only Jesus is my savior and my pride. Anyone can live forever by meeting Jesus. Only Jesus can give eternal life. There’s nothing for me to say about other things except Jesus. I feel at peace when I talk about Jesus anywhere. I want to let people I meet bear fruit of salvation by talking about Jesus alone.

Some people turn away from me when I tell them to believe in Jesus. Some people say that they don’t want to believe in Jesus or they will have faith later because they are busy. But they can’t help but believe in Jesus when they find out how terrible the eternal punishment in hell is although they reject believing in Jesus, making excuses of being busy. The day draws near. So I hope you meet with Jesus and believe in Him.

“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 3:8-9)

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon

Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #662