[Shepherding the sheep with One heart] Those who gain as much as they have received grace

• 2020.12.28 22:18

God sent His son Jesus to this world to be crucified and bleed. Jesus died for our sins. “For the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). We can learn what God’s work is when we see Jesus’ life, the Son of God. Jesus healed the sick and raised the dead, cured leprosy, and healed the blind to see. He let the lame walk and fed five thousand people with five loaves of bread and two fish. He walked on the surface of water and drove out evil spirits. Who did God work for? That was for the weak who are in agony.

The Bible warns us by telling us about the man who is lazy for his master’s work and who regrets it with weeping and gnashing of teeth after being thrown into the darkness. The master entrusted his property to his servants.  To one he gave five talents of money, to another two talents, and to another one talent, each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. When the master returned, the two men who had received the five talents and the two talents brought the other five and two more each. The master said, “Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness! (Matthew 25:21-23)

But the man who had received the one talent came. ‘Master,” he said, “I knew that you are hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you not scattered seed. So I was afraid and went out and hid your talent in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you. (Matthew 24:24-25) His master replied, “You wicked, lazy servant! (Matthew 25:26) Throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Matthew 25:30) If you are thrown into darkness, weeping and gnashing of teeth, it will be worst thing ever. We must gain more than things the Lord entrusted us and try to avoid the punishment.

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon

Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #669