[Shepherding the sheep with One heart] Prayer to overcome suffering at the end of the world

• 2021.06.21 00:20

If you are a saint, you have to pray more earnestly as the end of the world approaches. But the Devils interrupt the saint who prays to God for receiving God's help. We need to get help from God to overcome the suffering that we will encounter at the end of the world. The only way is prayer.

God provides power and strength to those who pray to overcome the sufferings and torment at the end of the world. Therefore, you have to keep in mind that those who prayed and who didn’t will be put in a situation whether you keep the faith or not when you meet the time of suffering. Jesus said “Do not worry about what to say although the last days when believers are severely persecuted come.

“Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit. (Mark13:11)

This means the Holy Spirit shows us the evidence that He is with us by letting you know what to say and comfort you in you when you go through unbearable pain.

At the end of the world, when the second coming of Jesus approaches, the pain is at its peak like I walk through the valley of the shadow of death. Even when that happens, I am not afraid since the Lord is with me. The writer of Psalm said, “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. (Psalm 23:1)

Therefore, we must pass through the pain relying on the Lord, being alert, and praying. When we endure the pain by the grace of the Lord, the Lord prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies and we can enjoy eternal glory in the eternal kingdom.

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon

Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #691