[Shepherding the sheep with One heart] The Humility, living according to the Lord’s will.

• 2022.02.27 00:16

You are boastful if you are satisfied with only the fact that you prayed a long time saying, “I prayed all night.”, putting aside spiritual contentment and joy gained by the answer of prayer. You who don’t pray when something happened but take care of it as you think regardless of the will of God are also boastful while setting limits and making excuses saying “I couldn’t help it”. Even You who clearly express your opinion saying “How can I live just like the word of God? I can continue living even without it.” are also boastful.

2 Corinthians 10:5 says “We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ” Likewise, being absolutely obedient to the word of God is a life of faith.

Boastful is “alazov nevvj” in Greek. The word means a person who trusts in his own ability, is arrogant and speaks empty claims. We must not show our idea based on the boast but control ourselves by the thought of God who is right and not change forever. We will become humble before the will of God only by living according to His will.

Jesus said to his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me (Matthew 16:24).” We ought to do as Jesus said. Paul said “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God. Who loved me and gave himself for me (Galatians 2:20).” Like him, we must live humbly according to the will of the Lord.

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon

Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #706