Rejoice over Persecution

• 2014.09.18 10:54

The Son of God, who is righteousness, came to this world and was persecuted harshly. 

Also we who have the righteousness of the Son of God are persecuted as children of God.

“In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted
(2Timothy 3:12, NIV).

“Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness for theirs is
the kingdom 
of heaven (Mathew 5:10,NIV)

Those whose idol is their flesh and reputation are trying not to be persecuted for
Christ Jesus. 
They are rather striving to hide the fact that they believe in Jesus when
they suffer even a little persecution.

Jesus doesn’t overlook those who are persecuted for His righteousness nor does

He remain a spectator to the persecution. Jesus said, “I will not leave you who

are persecuted to accomplish the righteousness as orphans” (John 14:16-20, NIV).

I tell you the truth, Jesus replied, “No one who has left home or brothers or sisters

or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel will fail to receive

a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers,

children and fields- and with them, persecution) and in the age to come, eternal life
(Mark 10:29-30).

The world can’t recognize those who are persecuted for His righteousness, but God does.

When you are persecuted, you have to give your body and soul to fulfill the righteousness

of the Lord by overcoming all persecutions knowing that you are blessed for the kingdom

of heaven is yours. Persecution seems to be too hard for us but it is the way that you will

have a godly blessing in the end.

Jesus said,

“Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of

evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward 

in heaven” (Mathew 5:11-12, NIV).

In other words, you shouldn’t fight against those who persecute you, so that your

righteousness is not taken. Instead, you have to rejoice and be glad as we are rich
spiritually.

/ Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon

Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #400 (Aug30, 2014)

"