God Uses the One who is Filled with the Holy Spirit

• 2013.11.29 14:25

God uses peoplefor His work who sincerely love Him, stand against sin and always stand bythe Lord. So, while we live on the earth, let’s stay beside God and say “Iam here for you” whenever God calls me for His work.

The talent is agift that God gives to each one, just as He determines, to use us for His work.As God does His work with humans through the Holy Spirit, you must admit thework and the gift of the Holy Spirit and must be filled with the Holy Spirit.

Jesus asked Hisdisciples to wait for the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:4-8). In other words, we are likesoldiers waiting for an order being fully armed for battle, or like a runnerstanding at a starting line waiting for a starting signal.

Jesus asked the disciples to go to Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and to the ends ofthe earth as soon as the Spirit came over them. When they obeyed the word of Jesus,illness, curses and sins were cast out wherever they went.

The Holy Spiritcomes over people who are holy and pure in their minds. The Holy Spiritstrongly works when we are separated from sins, unrighteousness and evilspirits by repentance. The most fearsome thing for me is that the Holy Spiritstops working in me. The disciples did great work of God as Jesus told them todo, but before that, they were scattered when Jesus was dying on thecross.

However, they became brave enough to tell the world about Jesus at therisk of their own lives, when the Holy Spirit came upon them in Mark's upper room. Without the work of the Holy Spirit, we cannot cope with thework of God. Therefore, we are to receive the talent from the Holy Spirit. Wemust be made up to be the one that God is able to use for His work, beingfilled with the Holy Spirit.

/Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon

Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #363 (2013-11-23)

"