[Shepherding the Sheep with One Heart] The Absolute Truth Soaked with the Word

• 2015.11.21 16:11

Parents sole desire for their children is that they are well and to discipline them with love, guiding them on the right path. However, children do not know that is love but think of it as meddling, so they disobey and exclude their parents. They become wise with hindsight and realize their parents’ rebuke and discipline was the best way for them. It is a great loss. When we are obedient to our elders, we can learn great experience that we have not lived and can have it as ours.

When I was young, I also disliked my father’s intervention, because I did not know how much I was scolded during every meal. I was impatient because I wanted to go out and play with my friends after a hasty meal, but he kept talking regardless of time passing. Therefore, I was really happy when I did not eat with him at the same table. I was this way until I joined the army. However, I realized that I have been soaked in general knowledge, morality and ethics which I was told by him and that have been very valuable. In this way, I cannot compete, with him who is a lot older than I, in wisdom. Then, how much more will the wisdom of eternal God have a long lead on ours? God knows everything from the first and to eternity, and moves on every plan in His will. Therefore we should absolutely obey God’s word. In the Bible, there are many stories of those with experience. The experiences of Abraham, Judges, kings, prophets, and high priests. They are written about in the Bible. Among them, those who were all ruined, who threw down the gauntlet because they thought the word of God did not apply to them. However, those who attained success believed and obeyed God’s word although it did not fit their common sense and knowledge. It is the best truth and is spiritually surely right even though it seemed far from the present age and we do not understand it.

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon
 Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #455 (October 10, 2015)