[Shepherding the Sheep with One Heart] Those used by God

• 2016.01.27 14:29

The happiest person in the world is those who are used by God. When God uses them, they place their hands on sick people and they get well. 
When they command an evil spirit to go in the name of Jesus, the person with the evil spirit will be free. I’m happy whenever I’m used by God. I’m very tired and exhausted when I pray for sick people but am truly full of joy and gratitude. It’s not because it has been done by my power but I thank God who used me. 

God will gladly use those who lay themselves down not sparing themselves. If you spare yourself, God can’t use freely you as much as He wants. Only when you lay down your thoughts and circumstances, body and wealth unsparingly, will God use you freely. 

When we look at the Apostle Paul’s life, he completely laid himself down before God; He never claimed things as his own. He offered God everything he owned and he devoted himself to living according to the will of God. “Whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. If we are acknowledged by God and to be used because we transcend everything, 

God will use us without limit. God uses the humble. A humble person knows himself. They learn everywhere and try to be a good listener to get something. We shouldn’t be arrogant. God surely use us when we are ready to be a good vessel to be used by Him. 

All we can do is to qualify ourselves for being used. God uses us depending on how much we are qualified. Gold costs as much as the weight and silver also costs as much as its weight. We shouldn’t hold ourselves in high regard but let God rate us highly. God uses those who are ready.

Seok-Jeon Yoon

Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #461 (Nov 28, 2015)