[Shepherding the Sheep with One Heart] Suffering Produces Perseverance

• 2016.02.02 10:02

In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble. The large house means a house of God; we all want to be a bowl fit for nobles. To get gold, the main composition of articles of gold, there is a step that we must take. Firstly, digging gold requires blood and even it is life-risking sometimes. With droplets of sweat, you will get gold. 

Furthermore, golds need to be refined. The more refined, the more it becomes better. At Janghang smelter, refiners put the golds into fire to filter out impurities. This is how the gold becomes pure gold. A painful trial in one’s life of faith means that God has a plan to keep us well. As we need to suffer to mine gold, there should be pain when God wants us to be instruments for noble purposes and be useful to Him. Likewise, we need to be fully prepared to do good work for God even though it is painful.

Though suffering of the body and mind bothers me and creates trouble, it makes me find God’s will and grow in relationship with Him. We must realize that the world is full of illusion and be certain that Jesus is the only truth. It will lead us to be useful tools for God. 

Even though we are put in prison and flogged severely, we must not forget that it is glory, a crown in heaven and joy of God if we have the Holy Spirit. 

Seok-Jeon Yoon

Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #462 (Dec  05, 2015)