[Shepherding the Sheep with One Heart] Misunderstanding Comes from Spiritual Ignorance

• 2016.02.10 15:58

Once I met an old man when I went to Mt. Samgak to pray. He asked me whether I had come there to pray. I replied, “Yes.” Then he told me that there was a good place where people received their answers to their prayer. He told me to pray there.

He said that when we pray in a higher place, our prayer will be answered quickly. So I replied, “God is everywhere. Why can we receive the answer fast when we pray in that place?” His answer was strange. He said that

“There is a special place to receive the answer of prayer.

Is there a place where we can receive the answer of our prayer? The Lord surely answers when we pray by faith not by wrong motives. The Lord will answer when we ask Him to accomplish His will.

He had prayed there from 40 to 55 years old, for 15 years to receive all the gifts mentioned in the Bible. He said that if he received two more he would have received all the gifts in the Bible. He said that it would take five years more.

God gives us the gifts to help us witness that He is alive and to use them usefully for evangelism. The gifts are not for self-satisfaction. He did not know that he was deceived, but misunderstood that the Lord would discipline him to use him greatly.

Why does the Lord answer our prayer on the top of a mountain? The Lord answers though we pray on a mountain, in a field, room or wherever we pray. The important thing is not the place, but the faith which we can receive the answer of our prayer.

You don’t clearly discern whether you are in the discipline or mislead by a deceiving spirit, growing faith or in spiritual decline. It is because of spiritual ignorance. We should always examine ourselves in the mirror of the word.

Pastor Seok-Jeon Yoon

Extracted from Yonsei Newspaper #463  (Dec 12, 2015)