Even the Son of Man Came to Serve

• 2011.02.07 09:32

Mark 10:35-45

God is love and He serves us. It is unimaginable that God, the Almighty, the absolute and most glorious being, has served us who are just mere created beings. The reason He has served mankind is that we are doomed for eternal destruction and unhappiness without His help. God didn’t overlook our dire fate, but He gave the life of His only Son, Jesus Christ, as our ransom. He loved and served us. We can’t even fathom this love with our common sense. In the world, the strong rule over the weak; and the intelligent over the ignorant. But Jesus Christ came to give His life for all of us in order to save us from hell. He has become our grace, blessing and life; and has given us heaven as our eternal inheritance. But the world doesn’t know how God has served them. Christianity is all about spreading this good news to the four corners of the earth. Whoever hasn’t been served by Jesus doesn’t have any relationship with Him. “He came to Simon Peter, who said to him “Lord are you going to wash my feet?” Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.” “No,” said Peter, “you shall never wash my feet.” Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.” John 13:6-8. Jesus served us in this way in order to deliver us, but also for us to follow His example and to serve other as He did. He became our best example for serving one another. “Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.” John 13:14-15. Everything God has given us is for serving others. Let us not be arrogant, but rather obey the commandment of the Lord which tells us to serve one another. This is the way to learn the truth, and the man of truth should serve until he dies. The church, the body of the Lord, should reveal its function which is related to serving others (Ephesians 4:11-12). The Holy Spirit works with those who serve (Philippians 3:3). Jesus Christ works together with those who serve others. He empowers them to reveal that He is with them (Acts 3:1-10). If we serve like Jesus Christ we will be persecuted and suffer, but there will be glory in heaven that can’t be compared to anything in the world. “The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in His glory. I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with glory that will be revealed in us.” Romans 8:16-18. Lord! Please get rid of my sinful desires! Lord, don’t let me live only for myself! Lord, let me be the one who serves God above and my neighbors below! Lord, make me serve with all I am like your disciples and the early church members! Please give me the resources and power to serve my neighbors as a co-worker of Jesus!

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크