Be Freed by Jesus

• 2011.03.07 10:56

1 Corinthians 11:23-26

God is righteous and He keeps on being righteous, so He can't be united with sin. Man, who was formed by God, was happy with Him before sin came into the world through the devil. Sin caused us to be separated from God, and only causes curses and destruction. God had mercy on us, so He sent His One and Only Son, Jesus Christ, who is the love of God and the Savior of the world. See John 3:16. God didn’t overlook the destruction of man, but rather He sent His prophets and disciples, built churches and sent pastors and evangelists. They let us know why we have been under so many curses and sufferings and why we are going to hell. Sadly, people these days don't listen to God’s cry and how He suffered for the salvation of the world. They even think that Christianity is a mere religion and part of the culture, but God Himself tried to tell this amazing good news to the ends of the earth. This is the uncompromising love of God though Jesus. God is the Almighty who has no regrets. But why did He make Jesus, His only begotten Son, to bear our sins instead of us, and why did He allow His disciples, the early church members and many Christians up to now to be killed? It's because of His love. He will never stop His love and will for dying souls to be saved, as long as there is even one unbeliever alive. See John 13:1. What do we, Christians, believe? We should know and believe that we are doomed to perish because of our sin and that Jesus Christ paid the penalty for all our sins. Therefore, we should have this faith and this life. Jesus voluntarily came into this world in the flesh, to die for us by lowering Himself to nothing. So, we should repent from our sins and exchange the blood of Jesus with our repentance, and we should live by the Words of God rather than living on bread alone. “Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross!” Philippians 2:5-8. See Matthew 4:4. He tells us we should have His life by eating His flesh and drinking His blood. Though we eat worldly food, we will die. But the flesh and blood of Jesus is eternal life-giving Words, bread and blood. “Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever.” John 6:53-58. We should possess the flesh and blood of Jesus as our own. Dear brothers and sisters! What is corruption? It’s forgetting the grace that we were saved from sins, curses and hell. Dear brothers and sisters! We were born as sinners, but we didn't know why we were sinners and why we were doomed to go to hell. But by Jesus’ death we came to know that, and that He shed His blood to deliver us from our sins. Let us live by giving thanks to Him. God's love doesn't change, so our faith shouldn't change. Let us participate in the Holy Communion so that we will return deeply to Him who forgave our sins and be freed from sins, curses and hell. Let us be sincerely grateful to Him.

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크