The Message of the Cross is the Only Power of God for Salvation

• 2011.08.04 15:03

1 Corinthians 1:18

God's wisdom had decided to save man through Jesus Christ; but many people try to receive salvation through their own works. Many believe that if they do good, they can go to heaven. But that’s just their own thinking. Those who don’t understand the existence of their souls focus only on the things of this world. They don’t know that the devil is attacking their real lives, their souls, and is causing them to suffer, be cursed, die and live for an eternity in hell. The Bible says that God created man; but man sinned against God because of the working of the devil, so he received suffering, curses, death and hell because of his sin (Genesis 2:16-17, 3:1-3, 3:6). All kinds of suffering in the present and the future, physically and spiritually is caused by sin which is from the working of the devil. Man is always trying to solve his suffering without knowing where it is really coming from. He pathetically begs money, fame, authority, science and religion to help him, but nothing works. Because he doesn’t know that only Jesus Christ is the Savior of man. Almighty God knows why man suffers (Genesis 3) and how to solve it. He has the absolute power to solve it – through Jesus Christ. Jesus was crucified on the cross, taking man's sin, which caused all of his suffering. God laid on Jesus the iniquity of man, and let Him shed His blood (Mark 10:45). He completed all the sufferings of man. “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." Mark 10:45. The Jews crucified Jesus on the charge that He called Himself the Son of God. It was unjust for Jesus Christ, who really was the Son of God, to be sentenced to death on this charge, but this is the message of the cross. Jesus, who was killed unfairly, took man's sin - the cause of their suffering. In other words, man's wisdom thought that killing Jesus was being loyal to God, but God's wisdom let Jesus become our Savior. Only God knows that the way to save man from his sin is through His Son. Therefore, when the Holy Spirit came on Jesus' disciples, they could save many through preaching the Gospel, the wisdom of God and Jesus (1 Corinthians 2:10, John 14:26, Acts 1:8). “But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.” John 14:26. The message of the cross is the only power that can free us from sin, the working of the devil, curses, death and hell. But those who think that Jesus is just one of saints haven’t experienced Him by the Holy Spirit. Therefore, Paul, one of the apostles, said that it is impossible to understand the truth of Jesus Christ' forgiveness and salvation with humanism or rationalism. Our salvation is only in Jesus (Acts 4:12, John 14:6). “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.” Acts 4:12. “Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’” John 14:6. Jesus Christ is the only way for men to be saved from sin and the working of the devil (John 10:7~12). He is the only one who can solve my sin and destruction.

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크