For the Time of Your Soul

• 2012.09.04 17:27

Luke 12:13-21 13

Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.” 14 Jesus replied, “Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?” 15 Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.” 16 And he told them this parable: “The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. 17 He thought to himself, ‘What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.’ 18 “Then he said, ‘This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19 And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.”’ 20 “But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’ 21 “This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God.” When God created man, he gave man eternal life. Man was created with a mortal body and an eternal soul (Gen 2:7, Ps 90:10). God gave man a personality in order for him to be able to communicate with God, and for him to be able to ask God for help. After creating man, God let man’s soul live by giving him God’s words and making him live according to them (Mat 3:3-4). God also gave him fruit from the Garden of Eden as food (Gen 1:27-29) in order for his body to live. But man sinned and brought a curse upon himself. The wages of sin caused his flesh to become subject to all kinds of suffering, and after he dies, his soul will be thrown into the fire of hell and he will suffer there forever and ever (Rev 20:10). After man dies his body returns to the dust of the earth, but his soul faces eternal torment. But God did not just abandon man and let him be destroyed. God sent his only Son, Jesus Christ, in order to save man (Mark 10:45, Phil 2:5-8, John 3:16). Jesus was nailed to the cross and he shed his blood and he died instead of us. Those that believe in him and repent from their sin can be set free and receive eternal life and live in eternal happiness in heaven forever. The only time we have to repent of our sin is when we are in the flesh. Many people do not know that they are spiritual beings, so they just live according to their sinful natures. But after we die, we will not have another chance. We are spiritual beings who will live forever. Our souls are really precious, so we should use the time of our flesh for our souls (Col 1:24, 2 Tim 4:5-8). If you have faith, but have been living for your flesh; or if you have lived only trying to make money; or to be honored by others; please start living for the time of your soul. God is calling to your soul, asking you where you are going. Satan tries to deceive us by letting us put bread and the glory of this world first in our lives. But please do not be deceived. While we are in the flesh we should take the opportunity to repent, to change, to be faithful to the Holy Spirit, and to store up riches in heaven. Then we can receive eternal glory in heaven with Jesus.

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크