Even if I don't have silver or gold, I must have Jesus

• 2013.01.20 13:58

Acts 3:1-10

3 One day Peter and John were going up to the temple at the time of prayer - at three in the afternoon. 2 Now a man who was lame from birth was being carried to the temple gate called Beautiful, where he was put every day to beg from those going into the temple courts. 3 When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for money. 4 Peter looked straight at him, as did John. Then Peter said, “Look at us!” 5 So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them. 6 Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.” 7 Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man’s feet and ankles became strong. 8 He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God. 9 When all the people saw him walking and praising God, 10 they recognized him as the same man who used to sit begging at the temple gate called Beautiful, and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him.

God created everything in heaven and on earth. He made man to rule over everything he had created. God provides everything for man to be able to live. This is God's grace. God had formed man from the dust of the ground, and when he died he will return to it (Gen 3:19, 90:20).

Many people live only for their flesh. They seek money, honor and power. But the flesh has many limitations, regardless of how science has been advanced. Those who are unaware of the reality of the spiritual world are ignorant. People know that their ancestors died, but they live unconcerned about their own deaths.

When our flesh dies, we will be judged according to how we had lived, and those who had been sinners will go to hell, and those who had been righteous will go to heaven. (Revelation 20:12-15). "Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgement." Hebrews 9:27.

Those who live according to their flesh will perish. (Rom. 8:6-8, Galatians 5:16-21). "12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation - but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live. 14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God." Romans 8:12-14

God created man's body from the dust of the ground, and he breathed the breath of life into his nostrils. Therefor man's soul lives by the word of life given by God (Matthew 4:3-4). "The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you - they are full of the Spirit and life." John 6:63.

In order for our souls to live, Jesus Christ came to this earth in the flesh and died in the cross, shedding his blood. He did this to forgive us our sin, redeem us from curses and death, and to let us be filled with the Holy Spirit. "21 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come." 2 Cor 1:21-22.

We should not live focusing on temporal things, but we should have Jesus. The cripple man outside the gate Beautiful begged people for money, but when he met Jesus, we was healed and he went around praising God.

Dear brothers and sisters, what is more important to you - silver and gold or Jesus? We cannot have both. Choose Jesus and be blessed!

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크