Meet Jesus

• 2013.02.16 14:45

Matthew 17:14-20

14 When they came to the crowd, a man approached Jesus and knelt before him. 15 “Lord, have mercy on my son,” he said. “He has seizures and is suffering greatly. He often falls into the fire or into the water. 16 I brought him to your disciples, but they could not heal him.” 17 “You unbelieving and perverse generation,” Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy here to me.” 18 Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of the boy, and he was healed at that moment. 19 Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, “Why couldn’t we drive it out?” 20 He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

God is almighty. There is so much pain on the earth, but God decided to bless us by sending His Son, Jesus Christ in order to solve all our problems.

2 When John, who was in prison, heard about the deeds of the Messiah, he sent his disciples 3 to ask him, “Are you the one who is to come, or should we expect someone else?” 4 Jesus replied, “Go back and report to John what you hear and see: 5 The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor. Matthew 11:2-5.

Man has so many situations that he cannot take care of by himself that are caused by the devil, demons and sin. So Jesus Christ took on flesh and died on the cross in order to remove all our diseases, pain and death. This is the grace of God (John 3:16, Isaiah 53:5-8).

People work hard to make scientific advances, but nothing in this world can take care of the root of all man's problems - sin. In today's Scripture the father of the boy would have tried everything to cure his son, but nobody could help him. Only Jesus could.

Similarly a woman born in Syrian Phoenicia also came to Jesus to heal her daughter (Mark 7:24-30). Jesus also healed the daughter of Jairus, the woman who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, people who were in pain, those who had leprosy, the paralytic, the blind, the dumb, and even the dead. Those who had been in despair had their problems solved as soon as they met Jesus.

Dear brothers and sisters, if you have any problem that you cannot solve and makes you more frustrated than you can bear, meet Jesus right now. Have clear faith. God works for those who have faith. 23 “‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.” Mark 9:23.

Believe, listen to the word of the Lord, and pray. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24.

15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. 17 Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. 18 Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops. James 5:15-18.

God does not turn away anyone who is in pain. Use His Name. Pray. Believe. Ask, seek and knock. Jesus is the only one who can overcome situations that seem impossible. There is nothing too hard for him. And let faith be passed down to your descendants.

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크