Preach Jesus to win souls

• 2013.09.17 00:26

Acts 1:4-8

4.On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. 5.For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit." 6.So when they met together, they asked him, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?" 7.He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8.But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

God is love. God loved man so He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ to the world. He took up man's sin and was nailed to the cross instead of us. Only Jesus is our Savior. Jesus was resurrected as the evidence that He was innocent. He stayed on earth for forty days and commanded His disciples to preach the good news to the ends of the earth.

The disciples and early church members spread the gospel to the point of martyrdom. Apostle Paul was devoted his life for winning souls and for Jesus. Apostle Paul looked for Jewish 'Diaspora' to preach the gospel. On Paul’s 1st mission trip to Cyprus the proconsul, Sergius repented, so Paul went to his hometown, Pisidian Antioch and preached the gospel there. Paul was filled with passion for winning souls, not only for Jews but also for gentiles. Paul felt pity so much to those who are perishing not knowing Jesus.

Evangelize to correct people’s misunderstanding about Jesus. Christianity is different from other religions as it is not to cultivate morals and religiously. When we believe in Jesus we cannot help having a burning desire to win souls because we want to help the others know Jesus.

We should be filled with the Holy Spirit. Peter confessed, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." (Matthew 16:13-20).

However when Jesus suffered in the court yard, he disowned Jesus three times before a servant girl. After Jesus was raised, he fervently prayed in Mark's upper room and was filled with the Holy Spirit, then the fear was gone. He had pity on Jews who misunderstood Jesus, so he boldly witnessed Jesus to them. "You killed the Son of God but He was innocent." "When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?" "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:37-42).

If someone misunderstands the great grace of the Lord who sent His only Son to the world and let Him die instead of us, we should do our best to correct their misunderstanding. But we don't feel responsibility or duty to save others from destruction.

We should always witness Jesus to whoever we meet. When we obey the Lord even though it is difficult, the Lord will bless and guide us. Lord, help me to always witness Jesus! Lord, help me to become like Apostle Paul who was crazy for witnessing Jesus.

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크