Do you truly love me?

• 2009.12.08 15:47

John 21:15-25

God is an eternal ruler. He reigns over all things with His love and grace. Man, however, committed sin and were destined to destruction. When we couldn't avoid eternal punishment, He came by flesh into this world in order to save us. He is the only one who is worthy to receive glory and honor and our praise.

We should live to glorify His precious name, for He is only the Lord of mankind. “So whether you eat or drink or what ever you, do it all for the glory of God”(1Corinthians 10:31). This is how we obey His will by our faith conscience, for we are the ones who have received His love. Our faith in Jesus begins from the love of the Lord, all our life and all the worship services, too.

The Gospel which God has given us becomes the practice of His divine love. "As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead" (James 2:26). The love of God for man has been made by Jesus Christ, who is the only one to be glorified forever.

Believing in the Lord, serving and loving Him is the same. He who trusts Jesus, loves everything about Him. "When they finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, ''Simon son of John, do you truly love me more than these?" "Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my lambs" (John 21:15).

Those who are loved by the Lord, have the love of God in them. They can shine His love to their neighbors, just as He does. Our savior gives those who love Him, their life mission which He has commanded; "Take care of my sheep".

Those who love the Lord, ought to love others just as our Lord Jesus loved us, even to die on a cross. Though we claim that 'we love the Lord', if our neighbors are on their way to perish and we don't preach the Gospel to them, it is not love. This is the love of God and the obedience of the Great Commission from the Lord. Only the one who is moved by the love of the Lord, will obey the commandment of the love of the Lord meekly.

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크