Let the Word work

• 2009.12.08 16:00

Luke 7:1-10

God is Spirit. He is a being with a personality, but He has no form. He works freely. The world cannot see God, but they could see Him by seeing the glory of Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, who became flesh and made his dwelling among us (John 1:14).

The Son of God came into the world and lived by the Word of God. He who had stood at the right hand of God, died on the Cross and was resurrected and was taken up into Heaven, according to the Word of God. The only way for the world to meet God is by His Word. For the Word is God Himself, whoever listens to the Word, meets with God (John 1:1). For the Word of God is living and active. God made the universe and it moves according to His Word.

The Word of God, Jesus Christ, is the same yesterday and today and forever (Hebrew13:8). Jesus still raises the dead, heals the sick, drives out demons and maintains the order of nature by His Word. He does everything and knows everything, for He is Almighty. Once the word of the Lord is spoken, it will be fulfilled. God’s will is in His Word and His promise is fulfilled for those who believe. He is ever faithful, therefore He became our faith.

In today’s chapter, the centurion’s servant, whom he valued highly, was sick and about to die. The centurion realized that his authority and power as a centurion was not able to solve his servant’s illness. He did not even count himself as being worthy enough to go to Jesus personally, so He sent some Jewish elders to Him, asking Him to come and heal his servant.

As Jesus was on the way to his house, the man sent his friends again to Jesus “Lord, don’t trouble yourself, for I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But say the Word, and my servant will be healed. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it." When Jesus heard this, he was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd following him, he said, "I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel." Then the men who had been sent returned to the house and found the servant well“(Luke 7:1-10).

The Lord eagerly expects us to trust that His Word would be fulfilled as it is written, just as the centurion revealed his great faith to Jesus. Whoever acknowledges and obeys the Word of God, will experience miraculous signs as his own. He promised that we could do anything if we asked - cast out demons and heal the sick and do anything in His name.

Dear congregation! The Word of the Lord is almighty and He knows everything. Discover what your suffering is and drive it out in the name of the Lord. Your family’s suffering should be solved in His name. This is the will, the Word and the promise of the Lord. You can make the Lord work for you, when you are moved by the Word. The Lord tries to find people who have the same faith as the centurion. Lord! Here is the same faith as his, work for me! Amen.

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크