Prayer is God’s Requirement

• 2010.03.08 11:01

Jeremiah 29:11-14

God knows everything and He is almighty. The best blessing from God is faith that brings us before Him and solves our impossibilities. Before, even though we wanted to be happy, we couldn’t be. Though we wanted to be free, we couldn’t be. Though we wanted to live forever, we couldn’t. But God, who can do everything, wants to help us by prayer.

When the Israelites were in captivity, God told them that they could ask anything in His Name. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile." (Jeremiah 29:11-14)

According to verses 12-13, the way for us to be set free from our impossibilities is prayer. "Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops." (James 5:17-18) “Pray for each other so that you may be healed, for the prayer of faith can heal the sick.” (James 5:13-15)

The prayer of faith means that you put your trust in Him. Lazarus from Bethany had been sick and had died. Jesus called him His friend, because he had had a good relationship with Jesus. After this, Jesus told them, "Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep; but I am going there to wake him up." (John 11:11)

Jesus came to this world and He deals with the problems of those who seek Him. This is the most joyful thing – to be able to pray to God who can help us. Remember, when God told us to cry out when we pray, it wasn’t because He lacked anything, but because He desperately wants to solve our problems.

Dear beloved brothers and sisters! The Lord still tells you "I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." (John 14:13-14) Please don't give up. Jacob received God's answers just before the edge of a sword arrived at his neck. Your desperate prayer means that you will not yield until your prayer requests are granted. Jesus never disregards your desperate situation. Just ask Him until you receive! Let all your problems would be solved by God.

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크