The Church that Overcomes the Gates of Hades

• 2010.03.15 09:06

Matthew 16:13-20

God is love. The love of God is everlasting without any limits. When man, whom God had created, was doomed to perish, He sent His only begotten Son to save us. So Jesus Christ became the Savior of human beings, their absolute power and hope. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)

One day, Jesus asked His disciples “Who do you say I am?” Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Jesus replied, “And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.” (Matthew 16:18) The church is continually confronted with all the power of Hell.

Jesus Christ is the head of the church and the church is the body of Christ. When Jesus began His public ministry, He revealed Himself as being the Son of God by the Holy Spirit, after He was baptized in the Jordan. “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.” (Acts 10:38)

The gates of Hades tried to get rid of Him by murder. But since He had been innocent, He was raised from the dead and all the powers of Hell were condemned instead. After His resurrection, He commanded the disciples to be His witnesses by the Holy Spirit – to drive out demons in His name, heal the sick in His name and to go and make disciples of all nations.

He wants to save all nations from the gates of Hades, both spiritually and physically. Jesus’ disciples did the same work as Jesus had done through the power of the Spirit. Today’s church should do the same - we should set people free from the oppression of evil spirits.

Dear brothers and sisters! We who are the temple of God should drive out the gates of Hades - the devil, curses and diseases due to sin - by the absolute authority which is the Word of God and by the power of the blood of Jesus Christ. Let us win the victory so that we can be the body of Christ who prevails over the gates of Hades. Hallelujah!

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크