Live by the Holy Spirit

• 2010.05.24 10:17

1 Corinthians 3:16~17

God is a spirit who is holy. He created all things in heavens and on earth. He formed the man, Adam, as a spiritual being by breathing the breath of life into his nostrils, for the glory of God (Gen 2:7). Man, however, committed sin by eating of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and now we are all held in slavery to death for our whole lives (Heb 2:14-16).

We are all fated to go to hell due to the wages of sin. This sin problem cannot be solved by any natural means. God was not indifferent to man who was facing eternal death. Because of His love for us, He sent His only son, Jesus Christ, to become our atonement on the cross and He eventually saved us from our sin problem. Though we were cut off from God, a new and living way was opened for us through the blood of Jesus (Heb 10:19-20).

He made us children of God by the blood of Jesus, and has sealed us by sending His Spirit as a deposit for us to be His temple. “Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body” (1 Cor 6:19-20). “For God’s temple is scared, and you are that temple” (1 Cor 3:16-17).

Jesus told us in Luke 12:10, “And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.” Therefore by the Spirit, we should relinquish our will, which is from our sinful nature; and let the Holy Spirit’s will win the victory in us. We shouldn’t disobey the Holy Spirit to live as the temple of God. How do we ignore and exclude the Holy Spirit who is in us? When the Spirit inspires us to do something, we should say, “Yes, Lord, I will serve, follow and obey your will”. Not, “Please help me to do something according to my own will.”

If I entrust myself to the thoughts of my sinful nature, I will fail and it will eventually lead to death. “The mind is sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace” (Rom 8:6). Only the Holy Spirit is able to free us from our sinful desires and thoughts.

Once He dwells in us, He will never leave us in order to preserve us everlastingly. How amazing is this grace! For this reason, the Holy Spirit is an absolute necessity to us! The greatest news is the day of Pentecost! To be full of the Holy Spirit is the climax of our faith lives! So we should consult with Him about our family matters, our future matters and our entire spiritual lives.

Jesus tells us in Luke 4:18~19, “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.” Today’s church - each one of us - has to equally reproduce the life of Jesus, for it is the body of Christ. In the Name of Jesus, we overcome the authority of the devil and of demons, by the accompanying signs, wonders and miracles (Mark 16:17~18).

Dear brothers and sisters! Let us long to be a sacred temple where the Holy Spirit dwells! Let us live by the Spirit in order to be controlled only by Him! Let us live to reveal God’s unlimited power by the Holy Spirit! Let us live glorious lives being used by the Holy Spirit without limit!

트위터 페이스북 구글플러스 싸이공감 네이트온 쪽지 구글 북마크 네이버 북마크